Taking a Rainbow Up To The Fifth Floor

Today was the day. Move in day, of course. Hannah and I woke up bright and early, loaded my car, and headed towards my home away from home with a sweet tea in hand. With the help of my kind little brother and his friends, Ethan and Lisa, my belongings were hauled up to the fifth floor of our building. Thankfully, there are elevators in our building. However, if you were carrying anything smaller than a refrigerator or futon, it was almost always faster to take the stairs. [despite the large number of them that you have to climb] I think that if Harm and I take the stairs at least a few times every day this semester, we'll be approximately two sizes smaller and have extremely toned calves. Harm is still getting used to the extra space that our new room provides. We're considering using the area for aerobics. That, combined with our staircase climbing, should have us fit in no time. Of course, I'm writing this after eating Burger King. I suppose I'm not exactly off to the best start. Oh, well-in the words of Scarlet O'Hara, "I'll think about it tomorrow."

It's been wonderful to just get things put away and spend time with the roomie-such a relaxing evening. This will be the last semester that Harm and I live together, so I plan to thoroughly enjoy every minute of it. We've already gotten off to a great start, with a little spontaneity this afternoon. I'm very excited to see what God has in store for this semester!

The title of this post may seem a little random, but it's a quote from a song by Group 1 Crew called "Walking on the Stars." I heard it on the radio during my drive up here and thought it was appropriate. A rainbow sure would come in handy. We could have window access-forget about elevators and stairs. I suppose our health wouldn't benefit from a rainbow as much, though. Anyway, here's a video of the song. Enjoy :)

Comments

  1. Loving the roomates .. mine, such a dear friend to this day. And love the spontanaety!

    Delighted to meet you today! I jumped over from Getting Down with Jesus. Hope you don't mind if I splash around in your pond to get to know you.

    Splashin,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts