Kidz Kamp

"Kidz Kamp! I love Kidz Kamp! We sang about Jesus....at Kidz Kamp!"

These lyrics will be stuck in my head for approximately the next four months. It happens every year, following an amazing week of watching God work at Bogg Springs. I was so excited the couple of weeks leading up to camp. I thought more than once about documenting my anticipation, but I hadn't posted my entry about NC2 yet, and I didn't want to get out of order. NC2 was awesome and deserved it's rightful, chronological place...much love for my little doppelgangers.

This year was very special at Kidz Kamp. For starters, it was my fifth year to attend the camp. [And my 16th summer to trek down to Bogg Springs...man, that makes me feel old] Also, this was the first year that I was not the only sponsor for our girls. It was so nice to have another woman from our church come down. It was a huge blessing, this year especially, because I was much busier than I have been in the past. Much thanks to both Mrs. Tami and Mrs. Ramona. Mrs. Tami had to leave on Wednesday afternoon, so Mrs. Ramona came down on Thursday evening. [yes, that leaves about a 24 hour gap where there was no other sponsor...but that's another story]

This summer, like last summer, I was a pack leader for the yellow team. It was only the second year to have pack leaders, and we were used a lot more this go around. More meetings, more responsibilty, and such. I really enjoyed it though. Somehow, I became the unofficial secretary of the pack leaders, which was a very neat experience. It involved taking notes, making lots of lists, creating master lists/maps and putting my handy dandy backpack to good use. I was actually compared to Dora at one point (really?). Apparently I, much like the sweet little bilingual girl on television, am not the same person without my backpack. Thank you, Mr. Freeman.

The highlight of the week was that two of my girls accepted Christ! I only had five girls in my group, but they managed to keep me busy the entire time. We had our small battles over eating lunch and taking showers, but I loved every minute of it. Even if nothing else had gone right throughout the week, the fact that Lacie and Josi asked Jesus into their hearts would have made the experience totally worth it. There's nothing like hearing a child pray and put her faith totally in Christ. If those of you who read this blog would be praying for these girls as they start this new relationship, that would be awesome :)

I made some new staffer friends and was reunited with old ones, which is always great! And just for the record, the yellow staffers were, by far, the best ones there. Some of them were returning staffers, and therefore had experience, but the first-timers were just as awesome. Each one of them came to camp ready to serve and love the kids-and that's just what they did the entire week. I truly appreciate each and every yellow staffer that dedicated their time to share Christ with the campers. If no one else told you, and you happen to be reading this, thank you!

I am so thankful for Bogg Springs: the camp experiences I had growing up, the friendships I've made, people who are willing to dedicate both their time and hard work, and the lives that I've seen changed because of camps such as this one. My heart is filled with fond memories from time spent there, and I hope to make many more in the future.

Two blog entries in one day...I think I may catch up faster that I originally thought. Until tomorrow, friends.

Comments

Popular Posts