Harmony and I were talking last night about how it should be at least Thursday, if not Friday, by now. The past few days have been so full that it seems we've already done a week's worth of work, on top of other activities we're involved in. It's crazy.
I seem to be caught up for the moment though. I'm waiting to get back interview questions so I can write an article I have to show to my professor in the morning. I don't like cutting deadlines close, but I hate rushing people when they're kind enough to take time out of their busy schedule to be interviewed. The article I'm currently working on is about Deas Vail, a band from the Russellville area that has some exciting things going on. For instance, they just finished touring with Owl City and are currently touring with Copeland. I had the opportunity to see them play in Little Rock this past weekend and really enjoyed it. You should check them out.
On a random note: I have discovered that there is a direct correlation between what kind of day I'm having and what state my bedding is in. Most of the time, I manage to make my bed up neatly; however, it's obvious if I have a really busy or even just a rough day. My bedding either remains disheveled after jumping out of bed for class or looks roughly thrown together after a quick fix between classes. Today, it's made up neatly, but one of my extra fleece blankets isn't folded like it usually is. Interpretation: It's been a hectic day, but I've managed to stay on top of things...and I took a power nap during my lunch break instead of trekking to the caf.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend because I'm going to a D-Now in Sherwood! Last year, my friend Jessica and I had a group of sixth and seventh grade girls at this particular D-Now, and I'm ecstatic that I get to go back to the same church. Prayers for this weekend; for the worship leaders, speaker, small group leaders, and youth would be much appreciated. I'm just praying that God gives me the words He wants to be spoken and that I don't get in the way of the message he wants these girls to hear.
I hope that you are having a wonderful Wednesday, whoever you are. I'm off to get ready for church! I'm helping my friend Josh lead worship tonight...and we're going old school, folks. Get ready.
Thanks for taking time to read my blog. Feel free to leave a comment and say hello :)
I seem to be caught up for the moment though. I'm waiting to get back interview questions so I can write an article I have to show to my professor in the morning. I don't like cutting deadlines close, but I hate rushing people when they're kind enough to take time out of their busy schedule to be interviewed. The article I'm currently working on is about Deas Vail, a band from the Russellville area that has some exciting things going on. For instance, they just finished touring with Owl City and are currently touring with Copeland. I had the opportunity to see them play in Little Rock this past weekend and really enjoyed it. You should check them out.
On a random note: I have discovered that there is a direct correlation between what kind of day I'm having and what state my bedding is in. Most of the time, I manage to make my bed up neatly; however, it's obvious if I have a really busy or even just a rough day. My bedding either remains disheveled after jumping out of bed for class or looks roughly thrown together after a quick fix between classes. Today, it's made up neatly, but one of my extra fleece blankets isn't folded like it usually is. Interpretation: It's been a hectic day, but I've managed to stay on top of things...and I took a power nap during my lunch break instead of trekking to the caf.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend because I'm going to a D-Now in Sherwood! Last year, my friend Jessica and I had a group of sixth and seventh grade girls at this particular D-Now, and I'm ecstatic that I get to go back to the same church. Prayers for this weekend; for the worship leaders, speaker, small group leaders, and youth would be much appreciated. I'm just praying that God gives me the words He wants to be spoken and that I don't get in the way of the message he wants these girls to hear.
I hope that you are having a wonderful Wednesday, whoever you are. I'm off to get ready for church! I'm helping my friend Josh lead worship tonight...and we're going old school, folks. Get ready.
Thanks for taking time to read my blog. Feel free to leave a comment and say hello :)

Hello roomie. Like you said, it's been a hectic week, so I guess I'll talk to you on here. I feel ya on the bedding thing. I think we both have the same problem. OR maybe the fact that we DIDN'T make our beds makes us have hectic days. And to think that all of our problems could be solved by simply taking a couple of extra minutes in the morning to make our beds neat. It's good in theory, but I doubt it will happen.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should test this theory...turn it into a challenge: for one week, we should strive to make up our beds first thing after we reluctantly jump down from them every morning. How do you suggest we reward ourselves if we diligently complete our task throughout the week?
ReplyDelete