It's done.
I submitted an internship application this evening that I started working on months ago. For those of you who I had mentioned this to-it's okay-go ahead and roll your eyes. Even whisper a sarcastic, "finally" under your breath, if you must. For those of you who are asking the question: "What internship application?" I'll give you the short version.
One day a few months ago (I can't even remember exactly when it was now...September or October, maybe?) I stumbled upon an internship specifically for journalism with a company that publishes Christian magazines. They have a couple of magazines in particular that caught my interest, one geared toward high school students and the other toward college students. Since writing for a magazine such as one of these is what I feel God wants me to do with my life, I began to slowly, but surely, fill out the application. However, due to how crazy things were during November and December, I had to put the application on the back burner for a while, so to speak. I started out this semester determined to go back through the application to make sure it was complete and put together a resume to send with it. I think I made everything too complicated...I can be slightly OCD about some things, believe it or not. Nevertheless, tonight I sat down and looked at everything one last time and finally pressed the "submit" button.
Relief.
The whole point of my beginning this process early was so I would be able to fill it out, submit it, and then forget about it. It would be an amazing experience and I would love the opportunity to take part in this internship, but it's not something that I want to dwell on. I don't know for sure where God wants me this summer, or what He wants me doing. If I let this internship become my desire, then I might be disappointed if I don't get it. I would rather try to rid my mind of it until God reveals His desire for my summer. If it's the internship, awesome! I'll be ecstatic! If it's elsewhere, I'll be ecstatic about that too. Like my dear friend, Kristi N. (whose birthday is today! woop! woop!), reminded me this afternoon: if God wants me to get the internship, I'll get it.
If He doesn't, then He knows what He's doing. He just has a different plan for me. And I'm totally okay with that.
Here's my official shout out to Kristi N: Happy Birthday, girl! Love you mucho!
I submitted an internship application this evening that I started working on months ago. For those of you who I had mentioned this to-it's okay-go ahead and roll your eyes. Even whisper a sarcastic, "finally" under your breath, if you must. For those of you who are asking the question: "What internship application?" I'll give you the short version.
One day a few months ago (I can't even remember exactly when it was now...September or October, maybe?) I stumbled upon an internship specifically for journalism with a company that publishes Christian magazines. They have a couple of magazines in particular that caught my interest, one geared toward high school students and the other toward college students. Since writing for a magazine such as one of these is what I feel God wants me to do with my life, I began to slowly, but surely, fill out the application. However, due to how crazy things were during November and December, I had to put the application on the back burner for a while, so to speak. I started out this semester determined to go back through the application to make sure it was complete and put together a resume to send with it. I think I made everything too complicated...I can be slightly OCD about some things, believe it or not. Nevertheless, tonight I sat down and looked at everything one last time and finally pressed the "submit" button.
Relief.
The whole point of my beginning this process early was so I would be able to fill it out, submit it, and then forget about it. It would be an amazing experience and I would love the opportunity to take part in this internship, but it's not something that I want to dwell on. I don't know for sure where God wants me this summer, or what He wants me doing. If I let this internship become my desire, then I might be disappointed if I don't get it. I would rather try to rid my mind of it until God reveals His desire for my summer. If it's the internship, awesome! I'll be ecstatic! If it's elsewhere, I'll be ecstatic about that too. Like my dear friend, Kristi N. (whose birthday is today! woop! woop!), reminded me this afternoon: if God wants me to get the internship, I'll get it.
If He doesn't, then He knows what He's doing. He just has a different plan for me. And I'm totally okay with that.
Here's my official shout out to Kristi N: Happy Birthday, girl! Love you mucho!

Comments
Post a Comment