Confessions
I have a few things I need to confess, okay? Get ready.
1. I do not have the slightest semblance of an artistic streak in my entire body. Some of you are probably already well aware of this. For example, some people (such as Harmony) are blessed with the ability to beautify things-to make them cute. I have never been, am not, and will probably never be one of these people. I have accepted this fact and stick to things like puppy chow. I can make a killer batch of puppy chow and it suits me; it's supposed to be messy- not pretty.
2. Decorating a cake without an icing tip is never a good idea. You may thing you can make it work, but you would be wrong. When you realize you won't be able to squeeze the entire phrase "Happy Birthday" onto a cookie cake and go for the person's name instead, you realize how wrong that idea is as well. Because you still end up with awkward letters. Finally, you think that you're at least capable of making even circles to construct a simple, but cute flower. Unfortunately, you may realize once again that you were wrong. Strike three.
3. This is when you decide that trying to make things better only actually makes them worse. Of course, some people would probably never have such a problem...because they are the people who makes things cute. I envy you guys sometimes. But moving on...
4. I thought cookie cakes were a semi-original idea. Apparently I was wrong. At least, that's the conclusion I came to after looking at Harmony's desk.
5. I am slightly ocd when it comes to wrapping presents. This time, however, that was a bad thing. I had no scissors. A pocket knife had to suffice and even then things were bad from the get-go.
I write all of this to simply say: I am not an artistic person and I can accept this fact. I just feel sorry for all of my friends who have to put up with mediocre-looking birthday presents.
Harmony, dear friend and roomie, take a peek on my bed under the green sweatshirt.
Happy Birthday. I'm super glad that we're friends :)
1. I do not have the slightest semblance of an artistic streak in my entire body. Some of you are probably already well aware of this. For example, some people (such as Harmony) are blessed with the ability to beautify things-to make them cute. I have never been, am not, and will probably never be one of these people. I have accepted this fact and stick to things like puppy chow. I can make a killer batch of puppy chow and it suits me; it's supposed to be messy- not pretty.
2. Decorating a cake without an icing tip is never a good idea. You may thing you can make it work, but you would be wrong. When you realize you won't be able to squeeze the entire phrase "Happy Birthday" onto a cookie cake and go for the person's name instead, you realize how wrong that idea is as well. Because you still end up with awkward letters. Finally, you think that you're at least capable of making even circles to construct a simple, but cute flower. Unfortunately, you may realize once again that you were wrong. Strike three.
3. This is when you decide that trying to make things better only actually makes them worse. Of course, some people would probably never have such a problem...because they are the people who makes things cute. I envy you guys sometimes. But moving on...
4. I thought cookie cakes were a semi-original idea. Apparently I was wrong. At least, that's the conclusion I came to after looking at Harmony's desk.
5. I am slightly ocd when it comes to wrapping presents. This time, however, that was a bad thing. I had no scissors. A pocket knife had to suffice and even then things were bad from the get-go.
I write all of this to simply say: I am not an artistic person and I can accept this fact. I just feel sorry for all of my friends who have to put up with mediocre-looking birthday presents.
Harmony, dear friend and roomie, take a peek on my bed under the green sweatshirt.
Happy Birthday. I'm super glad that we're friends :)

Comments
Post a Comment