Obedience and Boldness, Walking Hand in Hand
I have come to the realization that I am only as bold as my comfort zone allows....which totally defeats the purpose of boldness.
How messed up is that?
The truth is, I have zero self-confidence. Yep, that's right. I don't have any confidence in my abilities, or what I am capable of doing on my own. I do, however, have full confidence in what God is capable of accomplishing through me.
The problem? I don't live like I have the power of the God of the entire Universe living inside of me. As a result, I don't allow Him to showcase His capabilities to the fullest extent. Instead, I overthink, shrink into my shell, and convince myself that I'm simply a reserved person.
On the other end of this boldness/being used by God scale, I have the audacity to try and make things all about me. When I feel like I should be used in an area and am not chosen for such an opportunity, I feel as if I've been overlooked or that my capabilities are not being recognized. How silly!
If I don't answer God's beckoning when He wants to use me in small ways, such as going out of my way to talk to someone, introducing myself to new people, or helping them get plugged in somewhere, how in the world can I expect Him to use me in big ways? As if I have the right to pick and choose which times God is going to use me and which times I'm going to pass up the opportunity to be used. How dare I?
If I am not obedient in the small things, I will never be able to be obedient in the big things....if I am not willing to be used for small things, I won't be given the responsibility of being used for bigger things. I pray for boldness, expecting God to throw me into some giant situation so I can be the hero and figure out a solution or fix things. But that's not how it works-not at all. It's not about me! It's about God receiving the glory out of every single situation, both big and small. It's about the lost coming to know Christ. It's about God's love and grace flowing through me to accomplish HIS purpose.
And what was that about a comfort zone? It's not about being comfortable at all, it's about bieng obedient.
The challenge: Obedience. Whatever the situation, may I always be obedient when God allows me the privilege of being used for His glory; and may I have the boldness to be obedient in any and every situation.
How messed up is that?
The truth is, I have zero self-confidence. Yep, that's right. I don't have any confidence in my abilities, or what I am capable of doing on my own. I do, however, have full confidence in what God is capable of accomplishing through me.
The problem? I don't live like I have the power of the God of the entire Universe living inside of me. As a result, I don't allow Him to showcase His capabilities to the fullest extent. Instead, I overthink, shrink into my shell, and convince myself that I'm simply a reserved person.
On the other end of this boldness/being used by God scale, I have the audacity to try and make things all about me. When I feel like I should be used in an area and am not chosen for such an opportunity, I feel as if I've been overlooked or that my capabilities are not being recognized. How silly!
If I don't answer God's beckoning when He wants to use me in small ways, such as going out of my way to talk to someone, introducing myself to new people, or helping them get plugged in somewhere, how in the world can I expect Him to use me in big ways? As if I have the right to pick and choose which times God is going to use me and which times I'm going to pass up the opportunity to be used. How dare I?
If I am not obedient in the small things, I will never be able to be obedient in the big things....if I am not willing to be used for small things, I won't be given the responsibility of being used for bigger things. I pray for boldness, expecting God to throw me into some giant situation so I can be the hero and figure out a solution or fix things. But that's not how it works-not at all. It's not about me! It's about God receiving the glory out of every single situation, both big and small. It's about the lost coming to know Christ. It's about God's love and grace flowing through me to accomplish HIS purpose.
And what was that about a comfort zone? It's not about being comfortable at all, it's about bieng obedient.
The challenge: Obedience. Whatever the situation, may I always be obedient when God allows me the privilege of being used for His glory; and may I have the boldness to be obedient in any and every situation.

Comments
Post a Comment