Back to the Books
I trekked across campus Monday morning in below freezing temperatures for my first class of the semester. I can't say that I missed the walk from my room to the third floor of the library very much, but it's good to be back. When I got here school Sunday night, it didn't feel like the beginning of a new semester. I don't know if the break just felt too short or what, but I didn't feel like I was in school mode. Part of the reason might be due to the fact that I got back rather late. I spent most of the afternoon rewashing perfectly clean clothes because I had an allergic reaction to some freshly washed pink pajama pants the other night. Apparently I'm allergic to the detergent we used. After re-laundering, packing, loading up my car and driving back, I was ready to crawl into bed and disappear under the covers....which is the reason why my tv slept in the car Sunday night. But don't worry, it wasn't lonely. A set of dresser drawers, a VCR, and various cords were out there to keep it company.
This weekend is Reality Weekend and I'm really excited about it! Reality Weekend is kind of like a city-wide D-Now. I've been going ever since we first started doing it, and now that I'm in college I get the opportunity to lead the high school girls from my home church during their discussion time. We all stay at our youth pastor's house Friday and Saturday night...girls get the top floor, guys get the basement, and the adults keep watch in the middle. It works out very nicely. The weekend consists of worship, a speaker, a spoken word artist and usually some sort of service project or volunteer work among individual churches. It's always a great weekend of worship and fellowship.
Maybe I'll have some deep thoughts, a funny story, or a witty conversation to share later. As for now, I'm going to visit some lovely ladies down the hall in an attempt to dominate at Nertz.
This weekend is Reality Weekend and I'm really excited about it! Reality Weekend is kind of like a city-wide D-Now. I've been going ever since we first started doing it, and now that I'm in college I get the opportunity to lead the high school girls from my home church during their discussion time. We all stay at our youth pastor's house Friday and Saturday night...girls get the top floor, guys get the basement, and the adults keep watch in the middle. It works out very nicely. The weekend consists of worship, a speaker, a spoken word artist and usually some sort of service project or volunteer work among individual churches. It's always a great weekend of worship and fellowship.
Maybe I'll have some deep thoughts, a funny story, or a witty conversation to share later. As for now, I'm going to visit some lovely ladies down the hall in an attempt to dominate at Nertz.

Comments
Post a Comment