Back and Forth Battle
This week has been such a roller coaster. Each day, I feel like I've been thrown both up and down, back and forth. It's been crazy. It's also been blessed.
I've been organizing the first of [hopefully] many D-Nows this year. It's been a bit of challenge, despite the fact that I only needed eight students to serve this weekend. We still have one opening for a female leader, so if any of you late night readers would like to rescue me from the slightly terrifying prospect of leading a group of 12th grade girls all by myself, then please, be my guest!
I have no doubt that I will, in fact, survive and be blessed by this weekend, whether or not any of you rush to my rescue. God has a way of turning terrifying into terrific, for which, I am extremely thankful. However, the offer still stands :)
Something that my dear friend Jessica said earlier this week has been really encouraging throughout this process. When I was talking with her about some of the challenges I was experiencing, she told me, "Well, that just means we can know God is going to do awesome things this weekend." By this, she didn't mean that God doesn't do awesome things at every D-Now, or even every weekend, for that matter. She was referring to the fact that God tends to show up in mighty ways when great opposition presents itself, especially when it's directed toward things that are planned to bring Him glory.
I mean, think about it: There's a weekend planned to gather a bunch of high school kids together with the sole purpose of focusing on God, getting rid of all distractions, and expecting God to move in the hearts and lives of those present. Satan isn't stupid [unfortunately]. If he knows that there's potential for hearts to be changed and lives to be turned around-and all of it will bring God glory-he's not going to stand for it. I'm not saying that I'm someone important and Satan chose to give me special attention this week-I'm just saying that Satan's not stupid, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he tries to throw obstacles in the way for this weekend's plans.
As I'm sitting here typing this (and hopefully not keeping my lovely roommate awake), I've been listening to Chris August, whose music I just recently discovered. His song "Battle" happens to be right on target with what I just wrote. Please, don't take my word for it though. Listen to it for yourself :)
Like I said in the beginning of this post, this week has been a bit of a roller coaster. Some of the high points of this week have been:
I would really appreciate all of the prayers for this weekend that you guys are willing to send up. I serve a mighty God and He already knows what's going to take place over the next few days. I have no doubt that He's going to be present and has an amazing plan for this weekend. I'm just praying that I keep this perspective, no matter what happens. As my friend Elizabeth says, "God is still on the throne." That hasn't changed. He still reigns.
Have a blessed weekend!
I've been organizing the first of [hopefully] many D-Nows this year. It's been a bit of challenge, despite the fact that I only needed eight students to serve this weekend. We still have one opening for a female leader, so if any of you late night readers would like to rescue me from the slightly terrifying prospect of leading a group of 12th grade girls all by myself, then please, be my guest!
I have no doubt that I will, in fact, survive and be blessed by this weekend, whether or not any of you rush to my rescue. God has a way of turning terrifying into terrific, for which, I am extremely thankful. However, the offer still stands :)
Something that my dear friend Jessica said earlier this week has been really encouraging throughout this process. When I was talking with her about some of the challenges I was experiencing, she told me, "Well, that just means we can know God is going to do awesome things this weekend." By this, she didn't mean that God doesn't do awesome things at every D-Now, or even every weekend, for that matter. She was referring to the fact that God tends to show up in mighty ways when great opposition presents itself, especially when it's directed toward things that are planned to bring Him glory.
I mean, think about it: There's a weekend planned to gather a bunch of high school kids together with the sole purpose of focusing on God, getting rid of all distractions, and expecting God to move in the hearts and lives of those present. Satan isn't stupid [unfortunately]. If he knows that there's potential for hearts to be changed and lives to be turned around-and all of it will bring God glory-he's not going to stand for it. I'm not saying that I'm someone important and Satan chose to give me special attention this week-I'm just saying that Satan's not stupid, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he tries to throw obstacles in the way for this weekend's plans.
As I'm sitting here typing this (and hopefully not keeping my lovely roommate awake), I've been listening to Chris August, whose music I just recently discovered. His song "Battle" happens to be right on target with what I just wrote. Please, don't take my word for it though. Listen to it for yourself :)
Like I said in the beginning of this post, this week has been a bit of a roller coaster. Some of the high points of this week have been:
- Kristi N. taking me to the repair shop to leave my car to get fixed. And then coming back when there was a bit of a mix-up involving a rental car. Thanks for being a pal, Kristi N!
- Dinner with the Dover girls. Harm and I have been helping with a small group for the high school girls of a local church. This week, we met at Oak Tree Bistro and it was a lovely time indeed. Lots of fun, lots of laughter!
- A good talk with my little brother. (who's actually not so little anymore.) I think he's turning into quite the young man.
- A car that is fully repaired-and clean! The shop washed it, both inside and out, which I did not expect. Made my day!
- Making pizza with Jessica, Tesa, Janetta, Heather, and Kacie. And, of course, NCIS!
- Anticipating lunch with my lovely roommate. Fridays are the only day we get to eat lunch together anymore. I really look forward to these lunches! I don't think either of us ever thought we would get excited about eating in the cafeteria, but 'tis true.
I would really appreciate all of the prayers for this weekend that you guys are willing to send up. I serve a mighty God and He already knows what's going to take place over the next few days. I have no doubt that He's going to be present and has an amazing plan for this weekend. I'm just praying that I keep this perspective, no matter what happens. As my friend Elizabeth says, "God is still on the throne." That hasn't changed. He still reigns.
Have a blessed weekend!
"O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness, You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago."

I am saying lots of prayers for you this weekend!! It will be great!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think it's strange that we love eating in the caf so much too. We are just enjoying non-sandwiches I think. :)