Autumn is arriving, slowly but surely, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Gorgeous blue skies, leaves slowly transitioning into beautiful oranges, yellows and reds....I'm really looking forward to the drive home!

This weekend, I'm going to be helping with a traveling lock-in that a church is doing for it's youth group. Such an event, although an oxymoron, is always fun-filled. It's basically an excuse for teenagers to stay up all night, go out on the town and participate in fun activities. Who says nothing good happens after ___? (fill in with whatever time you consider to be late-or when all of the "bad stuff" happens.)

That being said, the past few weeks have been extremely busy, but also extremely enjoyable. I love where God has me. I can't say that I always understand why He has me here, or what He wants me to accomplish, but as time goes on, He shares little tidbits of His mystery with me, and it's absolutely marvelous.

Back in September, I had the privilege of helping with a free concert that was held at the BCM. A band from Springfield, Mo., the Radiance Effect, was coming off of a tour and needed a place to play in Arkansas on their way home. The Radiance Effect played in Pottsville last spring for a missions benefit concert that my friend Taylor organized. Although there wasn't a huge crowd, we all really enjoyed getting to hear The Radiance Effect play in a more intimate setting. All of the guys seemed really genuine, and I have no doubt that God is going to use them to accomplish amazing things for His kingdom.

Since we've been back at school, our regularly scheduled Thursday night shindigs have been resumed, and that makes my heart very happy! Every Thursday, a group of us girls get together to hang out with Gibbs and the gang-a.k.a. NCIS night. It's always a blast, and I feel so blessed to have these girls as friends.

I've been slacking on birthday shout-outs lately, for which I am very sorry! My dear friends, Tesa, Maegan and Jessica have all had birthdays over the past month. I love you girls and am so blessed to share friendships with you! Congratulations on being a year older and a little bit wiser.

It seems like when I finally find the time to sit still long enough post something, I have way too many things running through my mind. I hope to spend some time truly dedicated to this blog soon. Until then, I'm afraid you'll simply have to forgive me and tolerate sporadic, often extremely random, mediocre updates.

Thanks for putting up with me :)

Comments

Popular Posts