NC2: The Preface
I leave for one of my most favorite places on the planet in approximately 7 hours. Yes, I realize that my time would probably be much better spent sleeping, rather than blogging. But I'm too excited to sleep. Plus, I have preparations that need my attention. That's a nice way of saying that I'm a last-minute packer. I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing-but it works for me. However, since I do possess a streak of responsibility, I'll keep this short and sweet.
In about 7 hours I will be headed to Bogg Springs for staffer training.
I am extremely excited.
This is my first year both to attend NC2 and be a cell-group leader for this camp. To say that I haven't had any reservations about this upcoming week would be a lie. To say that God has already worked in tremendous ways to show me that this is, in fact, the place He wants me to be for the next 7 days would be absolutely true. I serve an awesome God. Every single concern I had regarding this week, He has taken away. I have no reason to be unsure or insecure about this week. After all, "God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." [2 Timothy 1:7]
Christ lives in me-He inhabits my heart. Such a simple concept-and yet, such a huge one. He has the power to work in me and through me. I pray that's what takes place this week. That I am able to stay out of the way and let God work in and through me. I am not a confident person; as a matter of fact, I have zero confidence in myself. But I have every confidence in what Christ is capable of doing through me. "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." [Philippians 2:13]
Of course, Relient K lyrics just popped in my head. And I must share them. "I've a reputation for replacin' my confidence with fear, but I'll be untiringly embracin' a love that I have found to be sincere."
May God work in this camp in ways that I can never plan or imagine. May each staff member, cell group leader, and sponsor speak and act in a way that glorifies God and points the students-and each other-to Christ. I would really appreciate your prayers this week.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more that all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." [Ephesians 3:20]
In about 7 hours I will be headed to Bogg Springs for staffer training.
I am extremely excited.
This is my first year both to attend NC2 and be a cell-group leader for this camp. To say that I haven't had any reservations about this upcoming week would be a lie. To say that God has already worked in tremendous ways to show me that this is, in fact, the place He wants me to be for the next 7 days would be absolutely true. I serve an awesome God. Every single concern I had regarding this week, He has taken away. I have no reason to be unsure or insecure about this week. After all, "God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." [2 Timothy 1:7]
Christ lives in me-He inhabits my heart. Such a simple concept-and yet, such a huge one. He has the power to work in me and through me. I pray that's what takes place this week. That I am able to stay out of the way and let God work in and through me. I am not a confident person; as a matter of fact, I have zero confidence in myself. But I have every confidence in what Christ is capable of doing through me. "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." [Philippians 2:13]
Of course, Relient K lyrics just popped in my head. And I must share them. "I've a reputation for replacin' my confidence with fear, but I'll be untiringly embracin' a love that I have found to be sincere."
May God work in this camp in ways that I can never plan or imagine. May each staff member, cell group leader, and sponsor speak and act in a way that glorifies God and points the students-and each other-to Christ. I would really appreciate your prayers this week.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more that all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." [Ephesians 3:20]

you are so dear to me. i'll be praying for you this week...and beyond. i love you, samantha c.
ReplyDelete