Kabobs, Volleyball and Willy
Today was the first day of VBS at Grace Fellowship! Hannah and I had a minor glitch in our snack time procedure, but everything worked out really well. We simply had to switch the snacks for today and tomorrow. So instead of having jello cups with cool whip, vanilla wafers, and gummy worms; we had fruit kabobs instead. I had to use a giant knife to cut up the fruit, but I somehow managed to successfully slice and cube everything-as well as keep all ten of my fingers. Just one small miracle. Hannah and I had a lot of help from a sweet girl named Megan that we met this morning, as well as a couple of the guys from our group.
After VBS, I made puppy chow and we played nertz for a while. Then we went back to the hotel to chill for a bit and rest up for the evening's activities. Tonight, we went back to the church and enjoyed some delicious philly cheese steaks. After dinner, Carrie and I dominated at Nertz. (Even if Hannah and Kyle don't want to admit it) Then we joined the rest of the crew outside for a game of volleyball. The sport definitely has a special place in my heart. It brings back memories of the good 'ol days with my youth group. I remember that I couldn't wait to get into the teen class because they always got to stay outside and play volleyball while the younger kids had to go to class. Plus, at church camp, our church always put together a team for a volleyball tournament and my mom would usually play. It was a lot of fun to watch.
We arrived back at the hotel sweaty, sticky, and anxious for showers. They guys down the hall put in Willy Wonka, so some of us girls decided to join them. I vaguely remember watching the movie when I was in elementary school, so it was a refresher course for me. I can't say that I agree with some of them when they say that it's one of the all-time best movies ever, but it was enjoyable.
I think I'm going to read for a bit before doing my devo and turning in. Please continue to pray for the group here-that we would reflect Christ in all that we say and do, keep Him as the focus of this week, and serve joyfully in order to accomplish His will. Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you :)
After VBS, I made puppy chow and we played nertz for a while. Then we went back to the hotel to chill for a bit and rest up for the evening's activities. Tonight, we went back to the church and enjoyed some delicious philly cheese steaks. After dinner, Carrie and I dominated at Nertz. (Even if Hannah and Kyle don't want to admit it) Then we joined the rest of the crew outside for a game of volleyball. The sport definitely has a special place in my heart. It brings back memories of the good 'ol days with my youth group. I remember that I couldn't wait to get into the teen class because they always got to stay outside and play volleyball while the younger kids had to go to class. Plus, at church camp, our church always put together a team for a volleyball tournament and my mom would usually play. It was a lot of fun to watch.
We arrived back at the hotel sweaty, sticky, and anxious for showers. They guys down the hall put in Willy Wonka, so some of us girls decided to join them. I vaguely remember watching the movie when I was in elementary school, so it was a refresher course for me. I can't say that I agree with some of them when they say that it's one of the all-time best movies ever, but it was enjoyable.
I think I'm going to read for a bit before doing my devo and turning in. Please continue to pray for the group here-that we would reflect Christ in all that we say and do, keep Him as the focus of this week, and serve joyfully in order to accomplish His will. Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you :)

Comments
Post a Comment