From AR to NJ
As I write, I'm sitting in a lovely hotel room in New Jersey, listening to the musical styling of Andy Davis and the "competitive talk" coming from those currently playing nertz. After two days of traveling, we arrived here safely from Arkansas. Already the trip has been a very enjoyable experience. I'm here with Hannah's youth group and everyone has been so nice and welcoming. It helped a little that I worked at VBS at their church, so I was able to meet most of the people going on the trip before we left.
Apparently our room is pretty popular; every night we've had a group of people gathered together to play cards. Of the games we've played, nertz has been played the most. I'm afraid Hannah and I have created monsters. A couple of guys that Hannah and I taught to play the beautiful game have become obsessed with it. They beat us in a few hands and I'm afraid it went to their heads. They actually did a dance in our van the next day. I'm not sure if it was a belated victory dance, a challenge, or simply an attempt to rub it in a little bit more. Whichever it happened to be, it was quite hilarious.
This morning we went to church at Grace Fellowship and it was a wonderful experience. I am really looking forward to this week! We will be doing VBS with the kids here on Monday and Tuesday. Hannah and I will be preparing snacks both days and we're really stoked about getting to make fruit kabobs. We weren't able to do it at her church, so we're very glad we get to do it here. Wednesday and Thursday we'll be spending some time getting to know the area a bit. I believe we're going to go see the Liberty Bell, hit the Jersey shore, and take a train to New York City. There's just one little problem with this: Hannah and I have watched a lot of Criminal Minds. Due to this fact, we're just not so sure about the safety of such transportation. Hopefully there won't be any serial killers targeting our particular train. But if some of you would like to offer up prayers of safety just in case, that would be wonderful.
This morning, Bro. Stephen Keith preached on joy as part of a series that the church is doing on the fruit of the spirit. While he was speaking, the word "exude" kept coming to my mind. Now, one image that may come to mind when thinking of the word exude is a person sweating. But that's gross and not at all what I'm going for. Another definition of exude is: to project or display abundantly; to radiate. More than ever, I want the joy that Christ has given me to show this week. I want His love and grace to radiate from within me. I know that I'm nothing special-I'm not the nicest person, the most considerate, or even the most helpful. But my hope is that people won't see me this week. Instead, I hope people see Christ. I just pray that I don't get in the way of what God has planned, because I know that whatever it is, it's going to be awesome.
I believe that's all for now. We have a little down time before we head back up to the church, so I'm going to take advantage of it and delve into literary bliss. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Apparently our room is pretty popular; every night we've had a group of people gathered together to play cards. Of the games we've played, nertz has been played the most. I'm afraid Hannah and I have created monsters. A couple of guys that Hannah and I taught to play the beautiful game have become obsessed with it. They beat us in a few hands and I'm afraid it went to their heads. They actually did a dance in our van the next day. I'm not sure if it was a belated victory dance, a challenge, or simply an attempt to rub it in a little bit more. Whichever it happened to be, it was quite hilarious.
This morning we went to church at Grace Fellowship and it was a wonderful experience. I am really looking forward to this week! We will be doing VBS with the kids here on Monday and Tuesday. Hannah and I will be preparing snacks both days and we're really stoked about getting to make fruit kabobs. We weren't able to do it at her church, so we're very glad we get to do it here. Wednesday and Thursday we'll be spending some time getting to know the area a bit. I believe we're going to go see the Liberty Bell, hit the Jersey shore, and take a train to New York City. There's just one little problem with this: Hannah and I have watched a lot of Criminal Minds. Due to this fact, we're just not so sure about the safety of such transportation. Hopefully there won't be any serial killers targeting our particular train. But if some of you would like to offer up prayers of safety just in case, that would be wonderful.
This morning, Bro. Stephen Keith preached on joy as part of a series that the church is doing on the fruit of the spirit. While he was speaking, the word "exude" kept coming to my mind. Now, one image that may come to mind when thinking of the word exude is a person sweating. But that's gross and not at all what I'm going for. Another definition of exude is: to project or display abundantly; to radiate. More than ever, I want the joy that Christ has given me to show this week. I want His love and grace to radiate from within me. I know that I'm nothing special-I'm not the nicest person, the most considerate, or even the most helpful. But my hope is that people won't see me this week. Instead, I hope people see Christ. I just pray that I don't get in the way of what God has planned, because I know that whatever it is, it's going to be awesome.
I believe that's all for now. We have a little down time before we head back up to the church, so I'm going to take advantage of it and delve into literary bliss. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Comments
Post a Comment