Blessed Weekend
This past weekend was exactly what I needed. I was so excited at the prospect of having a weekend with absolutely no plans! To you, that might seem boring, but for me, it meant getting to go home and not be on a schedule.
My brother Jacob and his friend Daniel rode home with me Friday afternoon, so my first task was to take them home. After I dropped them off, I was called to my brother's rescue because his truck's battery had died for some reason. After his silly battery had been revived, the pair headed on their merry way to a football game. I went into town to meet up with my dad, Rhonda, Christina, Sean and Tracy for a lovely family dinner at Chili's, which was delicious!
After dinner, I swung by Redbox and rented How to Train Your Dragon. I hadn't seen the movie yet, and neither had my cousin Hannah, so we decided to have a movie night. First things first though-we watched an episode of Dr. Quinn with my sweet grandmother. I so enjoy watching that show with them. How to Train Your Dragon was both very cute and very funny. I'm sure Hannah and I will be quoting it randomly for the next few weeks.
Saturday, I had the opportunity to sleep in, and it was glorious! When I got up, we got right to our Dr. Quinn marathon. We're going through seasons, so this has become a regular thing when I come home. After a few episodes, it was time for Hannah to leave. Not long after she left, I got a text from my friend Sarah. She and her husband Josh, also a friend of mine, happened to be in town. After a bit of conversation, it was decided that I should head into town for a visit. I was so thankful for the chance to see them and catch up! We had a lovely dinner at Luigi's, and our waitress was kind enough to keep us updated on the score of the Razorback game.
While I was eating dinner, my dear friend Carrie invited me to come watch the game at her house with some friends. Ironically enough, Reuben, who had joined us at Luigi's, was headed the same direction. When I arrived at her house, it was halftime, so I decided to go see some family that lives in the area. Carrie and her friend, Emily, accompanied me to my aunt's house, where my younger brother and sister were trick-or-treating with my cousins. We had a nice visit, as well as a piece or two of candy. When we arrived back at the house, the boys were finishing up a movie. It was after this that I watched How to Train Your Dragon for the second time. After a lovely evening with friends, I began the trek back home and made it there just before turning into a pumpkin at midnight.
It was wonderful to attend my home church and visit with my church family Sunday morning. After a great sermon by Bro. Wesley and visits with people who are very dear to my heart, I went into town for lunch with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was hospital food, but I had poppy seed chicken, which is always a winner in my book. The rest of the day consisted of much laundry, coffee, and Dr. Quinn. Jacob, Daniel and I made the trip back to school safely. The boys even helped me carry my things up to my room. What gentlemen.
All of this may seem rather boring to you, but this past weekend was such a blessing for me. It was filled with family, friends, and so many fun moments. God is so good to me.
It has been a very hectic, but very enjoyable week. After my classes are over, I'll be going home again to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I can already tell that this weekend is going to be just as wonderful as the last.
My brother Jacob and his friend Daniel rode home with me Friday afternoon, so my first task was to take them home. After I dropped them off, I was called to my brother's rescue because his truck's battery had died for some reason. After his silly battery had been revived, the pair headed on their merry way to a football game. I went into town to meet up with my dad, Rhonda, Christina, Sean and Tracy for a lovely family dinner at Chili's, which was delicious!
After dinner, I swung by Redbox and rented How to Train Your Dragon. I hadn't seen the movie yet, and neither had my cousin Hannah, so we decided to have a movie night. First things first though-we watched an episode of Dr. Quinn with my sweet grandmother. I so enjoy watching that show with them. How to Train Your Dragon was both very cute and very funny. I'm sure Hannah and I will be quoting it randomly for the next few weeks.
Saturday, I had the opportunity to sleep in, and it was glorious! When I got up, we got right to our Dr. Quinn marathon. We're going through seasons, so this has become a regular thing when I come home. After a few episodes, it was time for Hannah to leave. Not long after she left, I got a text from my friend Sarah. She and her husband Josh, also a friend of mine, happened to be in town. After a bit of conversation, it was decided that I should head into town for a visit. I was so thankful for the chance to see them and catch up! We had a lovely dinner at Luigi's, and our waitress was kind enough to keep us updated on the score of the Razorback game.
While I was eating dinner, my dear friend Carrie invited me to come watch the game at her house with some friends. Ironically enough, Reuben, who had joined us at Luigi's, was headed the same direction. When I arrived at her house, it was halftime, so I decided to go see some family that lives in the area. Carrie and her friend, Emily, accompanied me to my aunt's house, where my younger brother and sister were trick-or-treating with my cousins. We had a nice visit, as well as a piece or two of candy. When we arrived back at the house, the boys were finishing up a movie. It was after this that I watched How to Train Your Dragon for the second time. After a lovely evening with friends, I began the trek back home and made it there just before turning into a pumpkin at midnight.
It was wonderful to attend my home church and visit with my church family Sunday morning. After a great sermon by Bro. Wesley and visits with people who are very dear to my heart, I went into town for lunch with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was hospital food, but I had poppy seed chicken, which is always a winner in my book. The rest of the day consisted of much laundry, coffee, and Dr. Quinn. Jacob, Daniel and I made the trip back to school safely. The boys even helped me carry my things up to my room. What gentlemen.
All of this may seem rather boring to you, but this past weekend was such a blessing for me. It was filled with family, friends, and so many fun moments. God is so good to me.
It has been a very hectic, but very enjoyable week. After my classes are over, I'll be going home again to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I can already tell that this weekend is going to be just as wonderful as the last.

Comments
Post a Comment