Works and Mighty Deeds
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all Your works and consider all Your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles, You display Your power among the peoples." -Psalm 77:11-14
The other night I was laying in bed, thinking about the above verse and knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep for a while, as I began considering all of the mighty deeds God has done in my life. This led to crawling down out of bed, turning the computer back on, and typing away. God has blessed me so much, in so many different ways. I don't take the time to stop and meditate on all that He's done for me nearly enough. This list is far from complete, but I think you get the gist.
I'm not going to pretend like life is easy or doesn't have its difficult moments-that would be fake. But because I serve a God who is capable of doing abundantly more than all I can ask or think, the tough moments don't keep me down. God is always faithful to send along blessings, whether big or small, at just the right time and in just the right way. Whether it's through a person taking the time to hold the door for me, a friend sharing a word or two of encouragement, or spontaneous and much-treasured time spent with friends and family, I can see His hand at work in my life daily. And that, my friends, tickles my soul.
The other night I was laying in bed, thinking about the above verse and knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep for a while, as I began considering all of the mighty deeds God has done in my life. This led to crawling down out of bed, turning the computer back on, and typing away. God has blessed me so much, in so many different ways. I don't take the time to stop and meditate on all that He's done for me nearly enough. This list is far from complete, but I think you get the gist.
- A mighty God who is both big enough to reign and so intimate that He cares about every little detail of my life.
- A Savior who loved me enough to die a horrible death on the cross for my sins.
- A God-fearing, loving, supportive family.
- A loving church family that is just what it's supposed to be-a family.
- Crazy-awesome friends who share a love for the God I serve and bring unspeakable joy into my life.
- A fantastic roommate and best friend who loves the Lord, is a true friend, and is very dear to my heart.
- The freedom to worship my God.
- Passions for music, youth, missions, and writing.
- A purpose for my life.
- Opportunities to serve and share His love through mission trips, camps, D-Nows, VBS, Bible studies, campus ministries, and more.
- The opportunity to get an education in order to equip myself to fulfill the purpose and live out the marvelous plans He has for me.
- A vehicle that runs smoothly, holds a whole slew of people, and gets me to and fro safely.
- A pink coffee pot. I think this one's self-explanatory.
- A spacious, window-full dorm room to share with a dear friend.
- A life that is full, blessed, and not without purpose.
I'm not going to pretend like life is easy or doesn't have its difficult moments-that would be fake. But because I serve a God who is capable of doing abundantly more than all I can ask or think, the tough moments don't keep me down. God is always faithful to send along blessings, whether big or small, at just the right time and in just the right way. Whether it's through a person taking the time to hold the door for me, a friend sharing a word or two of encouragement, or spontaneous and much-treasured time spent with friends and family, I can see His hand at work in my life daily. And that, my friends, tickles my soul.

Comments
Post a Comment